Okay I promise this is the last Bali post...
I just had to share a few final photos before I come to grips with the fact that I'm no longer on holiday (I'm finding it hard to adjust to reality). Now, I could sing the praises of Bali for weeks however I think I'll leave you with a few deep thoughts to ponder over:
- Do not - I repeat - do not get a spray tan right before you leave for vacation. Even if your friend got one at the same place and looked really cool, don't do it, you will look orange - very uncool.
- When walking in Ubud, avoid slippery sidewalks or you will most likely fall into a drainage ditch on your first day, causing not only embarrassment but unsightly bruising all over your legs. Again, very uncool.
- If you happen to wear contacts, I strongly suggest putting on your glasses when stumbling to the bathroom at night. You never know when you are going to find a snake waiting for you. Yes, this actually happened.
- 'Bali Belly', much like it's cousin, Montezuma's Revenge, is not enjoyable in any way, shape or form. This is true even if you try very hard to convince yourself that it's similar to a 'cleanse' or 'detox'
- The movie 'Stepbrothers' -even while suffering from Bali Belly- is still hilarious.