Okay I promise this is the last Bali post...
I just had to share a few final photos before I come to grips with the fact that I'm no longer on holiday (I'm finding it hard to adjust to reality). Now, I could sing the praises of Bali for weeks however I think I'll leave you with a few deep thoughts to ponder over:
- Do not - I repeat - do not get a spray tan right before you leave for vacation. Even if your friend got one at the same place and looked really cool, don't do it, you will look orange - very uncool.
- When walking in Ubud, avoid slippery sidewalks or you will most likely fall into a drainage ditch on your first day, causing not only embarrassment but unsightly bruising all over your legs. Again, very uncool.
- If you happen to wear contacts, I strongly suggest putting on your glasses when stumbling to the bathroom at night. You never know when you are going to find a snake waiting for you. Yes, this actually happened.
- 'Bali Belly', much like it's cousin, Montezuma's Revenge, is not enjoyable in any way, shape or form. This is true even if you try very hard to convince yourself that it's similar to a 'cleanse' or 'detox'
- The movie 'Stepbrothers' -even while suffering from Bali Belly- is still hilarious.
Poor you, Bali belly- yucko. I got it the first time I went in 1989 and vomitted all the way home to Melbourne. Still looks and sounds like you had an amazing time. Reality sucks, huh!
Your Bali photos are just stunning - I'm having a vicarious little holiday just looking through your last few posts! They're helping me get over my own return to reality! Hope you had a wonderful time away, despite the bali belly, and the relaxing holiday feeling carries on for a little while longer.
Pictures are gorgeous...Bali Belly, not so much! xx
as ridiculous as it is, i think stepbrothers is hilarious. one of my favourite silly movies to watch when you just want a laugh.
and i hope your bruises (and ego :) are healing. i always seem to fall over when i'm on holidays!
Thanks for the lesser-known travel tips!
I'm glad you had an amazing time despite the mishaps - the photos are beautiful! :)
Bali looks sublime! Love these tips too! hehe!
Fundamental instruction just educates about "obvious" maps. In any case, the most critical direction in your life seeks maps that don't exist in the unmistakable world. Numerous go into life not thinking about these undetectable maps, with tragically unsurprising results. In any case, you have decision. http://www.mordocrosswords.com/2016/06/so-very-uncool.html
Post a Comment