Imagine my surprise when I was reading through a few comments the other day only to see that the lovely Kellie from Dear Olive had awarded me my very first blog award! I'm still surprised that people actually read my blog and put up with my horrible grammar, let alone send me awards, so I was really blown away at Kellie's gesture. Well friends, today I am the happy recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award which means I'm going to share 7 things about myself and then pass the award along to 7 other blogs I've started following recently. Without further delay and in no particular order, here goes:
- I'm afraid of the dark. Yup, I admit it.
- My two favorite words in the whole world are elixir and regime. I know this is completely random but i love the way they sound.
- When I was young I used to want to be a broadcast journalist, this is ironic only because as an adult I have an insane fear of public speaking.
- Much to my embarrassment I turn red at the blink of an eye, for no particular rhyme or reason. And yes I absolutely hate it when people point out the fact that 'oh my god your turning so red'.
- I am completely obsessed with my sister's dog, Marley, and have only found the strength to refrain from blogging about him for fear that I'll come across as that scary pet obsessed woman.
- When we were little, my sisters and I used to make up our own language when we'd go into stores, somehow thinking that people would be impressed that we knew another language.
- Goonies is my favorite movie. Yes, it's not very thought provoking or ground breaking but give me a rainy Saturday, a little Cyndi Lauper and 2 hours to watch this movie and I'm in heaven.
I'm passing this award along to:
Okay I'm not even sure where to begin.
A. I love Dear Olive. Kellie's blog warms my heart daily.
B. I, too, am afraid of the dark.
C. My fave word is berserk!
I would love to hear this language you and your sis's made up!! hahaha!
Ah, congrats on the award.
The Goonies is the best movie ever, no arguments. I had the biggest crush on Brand and I so wanted to be (still) Andie. Those kids ...
My sister and I used to speak in gobbledgook when we went out too. For the exact same reason. Man, we thought we were cool. Love your seven things - i'm just as bad with the turning red thing. Not a good look xx
Hahha our own language!! I totaly forgot about that and just burst out laughing! How embarassing and awesome! And as Marley's mom, I think he should totally get his own blog post. No pressure (puppy dog eyes)...
Oh, thanks for passing the love on, I will get on to my 7 facts now. As for secret sister language, we had one too!! But my brother was in on the secret as well. We thought we were so sophisticated. Also, Goonies is one of our top three fave family movies. Love, love it.
Congratulations ... You deserve it!!
Ah, you've made my day! Thanks for passing on the goodness - I will get cracking on my facts! Your blog has been such a delightful find! xx
wow thanks so much for passing this awesome award onto me, I'm really flattered. I would like to thank my husband and son for their support and also my parents and sisters for believing in me and of course thanks to the public without you I wouldn't be here today.
:) thanks sweetie, I've always wanted to say those words, ah ! xx
Congrats on the award! I love a secret language! xo
Oh wow, I just saw this and touched to see you listed me! I'll have to start thinking of 7 interesting things about me, can't be too hard?! hehe. Thanks xx
Goonies - now there's a blast from the past
Ah! I little weekend activity for me while the Mister is working on Saturday!!!
Hmm... Now to ponder and come up with some good stuff!!!
I love the goonies too! it is such an amazing movie, isn't there a goonies sequel in the making?
3. ME TOO! 4. Me tooooo! 5. I am such a sap for dogs. *sigh*
ah...i turn red too.
The whole "afraid of the dark " issue came from you watching the movie, "Watcher in the Woods" at the Lopresti's house. It took us weeks to get you to sleep in your own bed! We had to move your sleeping bag a few feet at a time closer to your bed to get you back in your own room!!
Post a Comment