The title of this post was inspired by a series over on one of my favourite blogs, Bright Bazaar. The man is onto something - when the words don't flow easily isn't it better to just write a list?
Here's 10 things I learned and loved this weekend (in no particular order):
1. Halloween parties are awesome.
2. Drinking 'punch' out of a bucket filled with fake eyeballs will give you a hangover
3. Vegan chocolate truffles are amazing
4. Being inspired by the uber talented and ridiculously humble Julie from Cloth textile
5. Watching MTV's new reality show 'The Valley's' is like a train wreck, you can't look away
6. Sometimes you just need a day to cuddle on the couch and let the world pass you by
7. Hand knitting, while listening to a presentation, is surprisingly relaxing
8. Tess McCabe, who organised this past weekend's CWC event is a super woman
9. Dumplings (fried or steamed) are my new favourite thing
10. Seasonal Concepts in Redfern is a taxidermy/flower/prop heaven
What made your top 10 list this weekend?
Hi Jaclyn! Love your blog, photography and writing style!
This weekend I learnt that my restaurant picks are pretty good if Hugh Jackman ends up sitting at the table next to us. AND Adam Garcia is in the house. :)
Found you through BYW and look forward to visiting again. I think we may even live close by so hope we cross paths soon!
oh love it !!
Great idea and I will most certainly have to take advantage of it!
Can I include this post as one of the 10 things I learned even if it isn't the weekend? Loved...spending time with my family, watching my daughters busy with projects and their excited faces. Learned...how to help a reluctant teen come up with a Halloween costume. Just to name a few.
Enjoy visiting your blog. (BYW)
Hi Jaclyn, I love this list! Here's 3 of my recent learned and loved:
1. Meringues make great edible halloween ghosts.
2. Sometimes people are really kind, even when you're stupid enough to leave your phone in a shop somewhere.
3. Mashed potato is just one of the best things ever.
I am also embarrassed to say that I've been watching The Valley's. It's so gruesome, I can't help but watch. Oh the shame.
PS. Hello from BYW :)
Hi Jaclyn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. I have recently found it and am now following you. Hopefully you will follow me also. Hugs, Chris
Hi Jaclyn, This is Sarah from BYW, just wanted to stop by and say love the name of your bolg. i love your photos too and wish I could take your class.
Wow! Although taxidermy isn't my thing, that shop looks amazing!...and love the idea of handknitting during a presentation - clever!
Things I leant and loved last weekend (which seems an eternity ago already!)
-you can eat nasturtiums
-it's never too cold/you're never too old for sandcastles on the beach
-little saskia loves arrancini balls (a win with food!)
Thanks for popping in - lovely to have a sticky at your space x
I like your writing style and how you take photos at events because I'm the same way. I love your angle. I love dumplings, too!!
Post a Comment